While I always try to get things right in camera, sometimes a little Photoshop magic is necessary to make an image pop. I actually quite enjoy editing, and I don’t know why I haven’t participated in Fix it Friday yet. It’s a weekly challenge over at I Heart Faces. Here is my attempt at fixing this photo… I did not take this picture, I only edited it for this challenge. (To check out other entries, click the I Heart Faces logo below.)
- I used a color selection layer to pull the magenta out.
- I used a curves layer to brighten and add contrast.
- I reduced the noise using the reduce noise filter.
- I did a very light unsharp mask.
- I cropped to fix the tilt and also removed some of the background distractions.
- I smoothed the skin and brightened the eyes a tad.
- I ran an action to further mask the color problems.
- I painted in the blown highlight on the left side of her face.